Physical and chemical barriers are designed to deter termites. After inspection and evaluation we can provide the best options for your particular situation.
Adults 3-4mm, workers creamish white with brown head; soldiers with brown head and large jaws (mandibles), sometimes modified into a specialised “spout” through which they squirt a foul smelling liquid on attackers.
Queen lays thousands of eggs which are looked after by workers. Most eggs hatch into sterile workers and a few become soldiers and males. During favourable conditions, large numbers of reproductives swarm to form new colonies.
Often called 'white ants', live in colonies consisting of workers, soldiers and king and queen. Subterranean termites live below the ground and construct mud tubes from the nest to food source - these tubes are a sure sign of infestation. Wood-nesting termites excavate nests in wood and leave behind characteristic signs of infestation ‐ their pellet shaped frass or droppings. Large numbers congregate just before the rainy season to swarm ‐ females and males fly off, mate and female then starts a new colony. Feed on dead/decaying wood, and can cause great (unseen) damage if not detected in time.
Termites cause many millions of dollars worth of damage to buildings in the world every year which is not
covered by your household Insurance. Some people refer termite to white ant treatment but termites and ants are quite different insects. Termites are not a member of the ant family but the term white ant is firmly ingrained in the English language.
A termite inspection is recommended at least annually even if you have a termite protection system in place.
In most cases, these termite protection systems make termites easier to detect but won’t stop them from attacking your building.
Remedial - Undertaken When Termites are Found
After inspection and evaluation we can provide the best options for your particular situation. These are pesticide barriers for termites and installed by licensed pest control technicians. An in-soil pesticide barrier is applied into the soil under and around the foundations. Pesticides settle on termites and they ingest the pesticide and can eliminate the whole colony. Baits may also be used and they are ingested by the termites and can similarly eliminate the whole colony.
General Information on Termite
- Termites are widely regarded as a damaging pest to have in your home or business. Termites (sometimes known as ‘white ants’) can cause extensive damage to the structure of a building if they are not managed or controlled by qualified pest professionals.
- Whether it’s your home or business premises, it’s likely to be your biggest investment in terms of money, sweat and tears, so naturally you want only the best provider for all your termite control needs.
- Survey /Inspection – After Inspection we will discuss and suggest ideal treatment
- Quote – Prior to any treatment we will submit a detailed report and quote for approval
- Treatment With Warranty – Once our quote is accepted our team will provide and carry out the treatment using approved and long lasting chemicals. Treatments are environmentally friendly and safe for pets and children. Depending on conditions, we will suggest follow up treatments and give a warranty.