- Being stung by a wasp or bee is a painful experience and can be life threatening to anyone who may be allergic to stings. However, it is possible to reduce these risks by taking sensible precautions when outdoors and ensuring that wasp or bee nests are properly managed.
- Wasps have the potential to attack in large numbers if their nest is disturbed.
- It is best to treat a nest earlier before numbers increase and the wasps become more aggressive, increasing the threat of stings during treatment.
- At Desert Pest Control, we can offer safe and convenient solutions to get rid of your wasp problem quickly. Our qualified technicians require just one 30 - 45 minute visit to treat a nest, so contact us today to book in your treatment.
Wasps and Bees
- Wasps can also be confused with bees, in particular Honey Bees - however these vary in color from golden brown to almost black and are furrier than wasps.
- Only female wasps have a sting which they can use repeatedly, if they feel under threat. In most cases a wasp sting causes no long term harm, but it can be life threatening if you are allergic to stings. Treating a wasp nest is often the most efficient way to control a wasp problem and reduce the threat of stings.
- Wasps can build nests outdoors under eaves or, if they can gain access, they can find sheltered areas inside your home, such as wall cavities, roof spaces and attics. If a nest is discovered you shouldn’t attempt to get rid of it yourself; find out more about our wasp/Bees removal services.